Saturday, March 14, 2015

Weekend Update for March 14/15, 2015: Beginning Again.

After nearly a year away from my home here at A Literary Odyssey, I have finally come to the decision to resurrect my blog and find a home again on the internet. I'm sure that many have forgotten about this space, but I haven't. While I have changed a great deal since starting this, and while I am not in the same mental place, I need a place to start over, and this is as good as any. Besides, I have a hard time letting go.

I imagine that in the next few weeks I'll give the place a makeover, as well as removing some old posts and challenges. I also want to "catch you up" on things that have been going on, as well as writing about books.

The biggest thing I have learned in my time away is that I need to make time for myself to do what I love-read books and write about them. I'm hoping I can do that regularly. But I also want to write about school, my husband, cats...and anything else I find important. You're invited, of course, but I'm just giving you a head's up. :)

So, tell me what you've been up to, what book you're reading, and anything else you feel inspired to say.

21 comments:

  1. So happy that you're coming back to blogging,I've missed your posts! I've done the same thing on my blog recently, I think in order to be relaxed about blogging its important to blog about everything that's important to you :-) I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy to be back! :) I'm looking forward to catching up on everything at your blog!

      Delete
  2. Very happy to see a new post from you! I've missed you :) Very much looking forward to catching up with what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you too! It's been so weird being away and not quite knowing how to reemerge, so I'm just diving back in.

      Delete
  3. Wow you sound just like me. I also recently resurrected a neglected blog with the principal aim to blog about books but also looking to include other things like family, work or the lack of it and pets, whatever comes along. Looking forward to your posts.
    Arabella @ http://genteelarsenal.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to visiting your space as well! And thanks for stopping by-it's starting to feel like home again.

      Delete
  4. It's so good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Are you still blogging? I'm afraid I haven't kept up...

      Delete
  6. I'm happy to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to get back into blogging and catching up with old friends.

      Delete
  7. Hooray! :) I'm so glad you are keeping this blog! I always feel happy when I get an email notification that you have a new post. Welcome back and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This put a huge smile on my face, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad! I'm looking forward to catching up!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! I've struggled a bit at times with my blog, but I'm always happiest when I'm using it to just talk with others about what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I've really missed it the last couple of years, and I think I'm ready to dive back in and practice what I preach to my kids.

      Delete
  10. Welcome back, Allie! It is so good to see you back in the blogosphere. I have missed your voice.

    ReplyDelete