It has been quite some time since I've participated in a top ten tuesday post, but I just couldn't pass this one up.
Since I generally only talk about classics here, it may seem odd that I continually purchase new releases. There are a number of authors that I purchase on a regular basis, even though I haven't read their work in years (eek). It drives my husband batty, and I'm sure it doesn't make all that much sense, but I know that one day, in the right moment, I will return to my loves. :) So, without further delay, the authors I buy from on a regular basis.
- J.K. Rowling: This one is really a no-brainer. I own all of her work, including A Casual Vacancy. While I haven't gotten to that newest release just yet, I will in time.
- Robin McKinley: I own all of McKinley's works, and I purchase her books when they come out (the most recent being Pegasus, which I have reviewed at some point on the blog). I love McKinley. Her books are usually fairy tale retellings or original fantasy.
- Orson Scott Card: While I really despise Card as a person, I still have a soft spot for his work. Inevitably, his books find a way into my hands and back home with me.
- John Green: I first discovered Green a number of years ago when a somewhat battered copy of Looking for Alaska found its way into my hands at the bookstore. Since then, I have sought out and purchased all of his books shortly after publication.
- Rick Riordan: While I haven't read all the Riordan I own (The Kane Chronicles come to mind), I will continue to purchase his books as they are published. I love his writing and the "fun" element of his stories!
- Markus Zusak: I'm not sure if Zusak really counts, since his last book, The Book Thief, was published way back in 2005 (when I bought it and read it). But when he does publish his new book, I will be the first one to run to the store to buy it.
- Jennifer Donnelly: This is another new writer to me, but after reading two of her books, A Northern Light and most recently, Revolution, she is a writer that I will return to on a regular basis, especially with the publication of new titles!
- Brandon Sanderson: Sanderson is relatively new to me, but I know he is a writer I will be exploring more of in the future, especially since I have enjoyed his work thus far. He is most definitely a writer I will automatically buy!
- Neil Gaiman: I've been collecting Gaiman titles since I was in high school, and I doubt I'll stop, even though I haven't read anything by him in a long time! I always grab his new books off the shelf when they come out, and they sit waiting on my shelves.
- John Flanagan: Flanagan is the author of one of my biggest guilty-pleasure series, The Ranger's Apprentice. He has since moved on to a parallel series, which I have also purchased and loved. I will continue to purchase his new books as they debut!