Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In Need of a Reading Day.

I have been craving one of those days where I can devote the entire day to just laying around with good books and cuddly cats. I had planned on having the 24-hour readathon as my day to do that, but with starting my second job at the park, it just didn't happen. And, since I have been so busy between two jobs, reading time is something hard to come by. When it does come, I treasure it.

This Friday, we have a professional development day at school. I usually go to these things, but Friday's P.D. is related to the new evaluation system and some other things that don't really apply to me as a long-term sub. So, I have Friday off, and while I might work at the park for a couple of hours that evening, I have no plans during the day. :)

You better believe that I am stoked. I am going to spend a huge chunk of the day reading. I really want to finish the new release I'm in the middle of (An Uncommon Education by Elizabeth Percer), as well as getting back into Nicholas Nickleby by Dickens, which I tossed aside when things got all crazy back at the beginning of March. I've also been craving the Greeks, and Antigone is one I've been meaning to get to. Oh, and Woolf! I haven't read any Woolf is so long...I miss her. And Faulkner. I love me some Faulkner...


You can see where this is headed, right? I might only get through one of those things, but having the ability to stay in bed if I want to and read to my heart's delight? Gets me all worked up and excited.

I'm also going to work on some blog related things. I've been meaning to revamp some of my pages, as well as the overall look of the place for months. Perhaps I'll finally get around to it...

Anyway, those are my plans for Friday. If anyone wants to join in for a few hours for a day of amazing reading, please do! This isn't anything official (because the thought of that drains all the fun away), but I'd love company on twitter and in reading some truly great literature. :)

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy it. I really needed one as well and the readathon actually worked for me. It was such a treat to get to read all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day!
    We have a bank holiday (public holiday) on Monday and I am SO EXCITED! I'm craving a day to just read but work keeps getting in the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great clump of plans! I love those days, too, and now that Greyson is getting a little older and more independent I get more of those days!

    Definitely jump on Antigone. It's a quick read and it's just fantastic. I read it as a sophomore in high school, and I've been meaning to re-read it for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I will most definitely try to join you in reading for the day. Not sure what the plans are, but I will be cracking open books as much as possible

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to join you in a reading day! Unfortunately my job and the little one are needy right now. :) Definitely once the semester is over though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun day. I may join you for a couple hours. As far as I know I don't have to work on Friday. I'll be with you in spirit at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be waiting for your review of Antigone. I think it's wonderful. Perhaps the first church-state conflict in literature.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy reading day to you! Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete