Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekly Wrap-up for May 29, 2011: Quickly!

I am in the midst of a mad cleaning spree and I need to cook some breakfast, but I knew that if I didn't sit down to write a quick post, I just wouldn't. I am working in a couple hours and I have a million things I want to get done around here before I go in.

Matt and the rest of my family (siblings, parents, etc), are down in Indianapolis for the Indy 500 today. My family goes every year. I was sad not to go this year-I had to work-but I am trying to make the best of it by getting some things done around here while Matt is gone. It is much easier to clean when a husband isn't getting in your way. :)

I also went and got my hair done yesterday morning as a present to myself for working so hard, so that was a nice treat as well. Sometimes I need to treat myself. :)

This week was a another rough one, but the finish line is truly in sight. I cannot wait to have a little more free time and to only be working one job. It will be truly wonderful to have time and energy to do things I enjoy.

Anyway, I did manage to finish The Iliad this week (mainly over lunch). I still have a chunk left to go in The Idiot for my last post, but I also started Silas Marner, an old favorite I haven't read in years. I have the day off tomorrow (YES), so I will be spending a large chunk of the day reading (and doing laundry). I am hoping to finish the Eliot and get through the second portion of Dostoevsky.

I'm excited to see some of the BEA posts from you lucky ducks who got to go! And for everyone else, I hope you had a great reading week as well!

4 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law lives in Indiana. My brother-in-law and my friend went out from NY and they all will be at the Indy 500 today too ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you not only catch up on a bit of housework, but also get a minute or two to just sit down with your feet up and your eye closed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to take a bit of time to treat yourself--I know you've been so busy lately. Enjoy your reading tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the few moments I find myself alone in my house :) Nothing like quiet time!!

    ReplyDelete